Saturday, October 2, 2010

Foodie Friday (on Saturday)-Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made these last week and they turned out perfect!  They were really easy...I didn't even have to use a mixer.  I got the recipe from the Cupcakes and Cashmere website that I mentioned below on my love list.  I plan on making more of her desserts cause these were great.  Also, I used her picture because I thought it was cute!

Pumpkin Muffins
Letters, Gourmet, November 2006
Adapted from the American club, in Kohler, Wisconsin

1½ cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice (instead I used 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
1¼ cups (plus 1 tablespoon) sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional...of course I used them though.  haha)

Preheat oven to 350°
Put liners in muffin cups.
Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, 1¼ cups sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth, then whisk in flour and baking powder until just combined.
Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another bowl.
Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about three-fourths full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture (I added some flaxseed to make it healthier). Bake until puffed and golden brown and wooden pick or skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes, then transfer muffins from pan to rack and cool to warm or room temperature.
Enjoy!

-Alissa

1 comment:

  1. yum! you should make these when i come visit. or maybe mom and i will make them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete