Saturday, September 4, 2010

Foodie Friday (on Saturday...)-Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

My last week's "things we love" list and Katie R. have inspired me to post the recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies :)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

-1/2 c. butter
-1 1/2 c. sugar
-1 egg
-1 c. canned pumpkin
-1 t vanilla
-2 1/2 c. flour
-1 t. baking powder
-1 t. baking soda
-1/2 t. salt
-1 t. nutmeg
-1 t. cinnamon
-1 c. chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy.  Beat in eggs, pumpkin and vanilla.  Mix and sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.  Add to creamed mixture.  Mix well.  Add chocolate chips.  Use a cookie scoop or a teaspoon and drop onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes  Remove from cookie sheet while still warm.  This makes about 3 dozen or less but it can be doubled.


These are the perfect cookies to make for the holidays.  They have a fluffy, cake-like taste to them and obviously the pumpkin makes them seasonal.  Also, they always are perfectly shaped.  I'm not ashamed to admit that some of my cookies end up looking weird...but not these :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the need to comment on this Post since I just voted for, "everything/anything Pumpkin" as my reason to be excited for Fall. haha. Either way, these cookies sound extra scaarrrummppttiioossss (am I missing a few "u's"?? ) and I would love to try to make them and send a dozen down south. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these today and they are just as amazing as they sound! Perfect for a crisp fall day :) Thanks for sharing, Lis!

    ReplyDelete