Friday, August 20, 2010

Foodie Friday- Black Bean Fiesta Dip

I got this recipe from my mom and my Aunt Suzi and it's amazing!  I recently took it to a party at Lyndsay's and it was a big hit.  I think it's one of Joe's favorite things that I make.  Enjoy :)

Black Bean Fiesta Dip

Combine:
2 cans black beans (drained)
1 c. frozen corn (thawed and baked with 1 T corn or olive oil @ 450 degrees 7-8 min.)
1 large tomato (diced)
2 large avocados (diced)
2 T red onion (diced)  (This is what the recipe says but Joe and I usually add more)
¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. pressed garlic

Dressing:
2 T lime juice
¼ tsp. cumin
1 T cider vinegar
2 T corn or olive oil
1 ½ tsp. salt

Pour dressing over mixture and stir. Serve with frito scoops or as a stand-alone salad.  I love it with the fritos.  I mix everything ahead of time and put the avocados and tomato in just before serving. Otherwise, the salad gets soggy.  If I'm making it just for Joe and I and want it to last longer than one night, I just keep the avacado and tomato in separate bowls.  Let me know if you try it and like it!  Oh and the picture is taken by Jen :)

-Alissa

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good! Wonder if I could make it without the black beans? Kind of ruins the name though.

    ReplyDelete