Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things we love-Alissa

This wasn't a very good week for me.  Katie R and Kim went home on Sunday so I was missing them.  And on Monday my car broke down and my phone stopped working.  I just felt tired and grumpy all week and I didn't have the strength to post.  Buuut I'm better now so here's my love list :)

1. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: These have to be my favorite cookies ever.  I made them for Kim, Katie R and Lyndsay this weekend.  They remind me of fall (I'm so excited for fall right now) and home.  My mom always makes them and her recipes are the best.  

2. Cheap car repairs: On Monday morning, while I was driving to work, my car overheated and my wheel locked up.  So I pulled into a gas station, tried to call Joe and work only to realize that my cell phone would not make any outgoing calls!  Luckily the gas station person let me use their phone and Joe came and rescued me.  Joe just signed us up for triple A last month so we didn't have to pay any towing fees.  Go Joe for thinking ahead!  I liked the place where they towed my car and I think we finally found a decent mechanic here.  It was only $210...which is amazing cause in the last 2 years I've paid over $3,000 in car repairs.  I was so happy once I heard the price...and now my car is as good as new.  Well almost...its still infested with ants but thats a story for another time.  haha.    

3. OPI nailpolish in "my private jet":  On Saturday Katie R, Kim, Lyndsay and I got manis and pedis.  I almost didn't get a mani cause mine always chips but a shoulder massage comes with it so I couldn't resist.  I got this color cause it's one of my favorites but its dark so I figured it would be chipped by Monday.  Well it stayed perfect for at least 5 days!  I got tons of compliments.  I love the dark gray with a little sparkle.  I recommend it to everyone!  Oh and I recommend Savvy Salon to everyone too.  They are great!



-Alissa

1 comment:

  1. I recommend that Savvy Salon open up a sister salon in Northern Virginia ;) I miss those massages already!

    Also -- post your recipe for the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!

    <3, Katie R

    ReplyDelete