Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Things We Love This Week - Lyndz

Yay for Wednesday's!  This is my favorite day.  One: it's mid-way through the week, Friday is only two days away.  Two: I get to think about all the things I love this week.  Here we go:


My hair straightener - It is a Remington® 1" Teflon® Fiber Ceramic Straightener and it is amazing!  Because I go tothe gym after work, I have to take a shower in the evening.  Usually I even go to bed with my hair wet.  What?!  Yes.  I do.  So when I wake up in the morning, I have crazy wavy hair that is sticking up in all sorts of crazy places.  Let me tell you people, this hair straightener works it out!  By the time I'm finished, my hair looks awesome - like that morning's bed head never existed.  Love love love!


The public library - I will admit right now that I was never a library person. I love to buy books and keep them around so I can read them multiple times. My problem was when I bought a book that I thought I would like, but ended up hating. What then? Now I have bought a book that is going to sit on my bookshelf and mock me because I didn't like it.  But I have seen the light.  I love the library.  It gives me a little thrill to add books to my request list that I'm really looking forward to reading.  Then, when I get the email saying my books are ready for me to pick up I get so excited!  So do it people!!  Stop buying so many books and use your library.  Buy the book if you love it and know you will read it again.  And get some library fees too, so we can pay those sweet librarians that pull my books for me and have them waiting.


Royal Gala Apples - I eat one of these apples every single day without fail.  They are the perfect combination of sweet and tart.  And they're perfectly crisp - not soft and mushy.  You know what they say: "An apple a day..."

3 comments:

  1. i love all those things too! esp the library. its the best.
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep this post in mind for when my straightener dies. I do the same thing (shower at night - straighten in the morning) and you really do need a better straightener if you're not going to be blow drying. I do feel like I'm keeping my hair a little healthier by skipping all the blow drying though. Go me!

    I am so jealous of ya'll and your good libraries. Neither of my libraries have a request program. Isn't that ridiculous! I think I'm going to start going to one in Georgia (even though I have to pay $20 to get a card since I'm a TN resident).

    I'll have to revisit the royal gala apple. I never can remember what kind I like at the store and always end up with something gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and I just took your poll. Ann Taylor Loft for me but my real favorite is Old Navy. What's not to love about a store where I can shop for my entire family? What a mom thing to say.

    ReplyDelete