Friday, August 20, 2010

Things I Love This Week - Lyndsay

Ok, if you’re a big-time slacker that can’t blog on time, please raise your hand (picture me, here on my lunch break, raising my hand very slowly and looking sheepish). So here I am, with my favorite things this week:



My Toyota Prius (her name is Polly): Now that I’m living closer to work, my daily commute has dropped by like 18 miles! Amazing! The less time stuck in traffic in the mornings and evenings has made me beyond happy. And along those lines, I love little Polly because I made it almost four weeks without having to fill up my tank. Wow – talk about fuel efficiency! Every time I get in my car, it’s like a game to me to see if I can get better gas mileage than the day before. So here I am, saving the planet and saving some dough!


Yogi Toes Mat Towel: If you read my last post then you know that I love to take hot yoga classes. Although all that sweating is very good for me and makes me feel great, it presents a problem because my mat gets crazy slippery. When this happens I start to slide around on my mat and can lose or fall out of some of my poses – which makes me break my concentration and lose my Zen. But, my new favorite yoga accessory to help me with my problem is a mat towel. The towel has little rubber dots (the company calls them “eco nubs” – how cute is that?!) that grips my mat and prevents it from moving around while I changing poses. The top is a soft, towel-like material that is super absorbent. It also gives me a little extra cushion when I’m doing a lot of poses lying on my back or stomach.


Stila Eye Shadow Trio (in Champagne Gold): This is my go-to eye shadow for all occasions. I am obsessed with it. I wear the light pink shade every day. It has just a hint of color and is super sparkly. I sweep it over my whole lid. The taupe shade is perfect for work or daytime wear. It’s not too dark but is still noticeable. Finally, I wear the dark chocolate shade for evenings out, or if I want to look super fancy for work one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment