Monday, August 30, 2010

Foodie Friday (on Monday...)

For my Foodie Friday (on Monday...) I thought I would give you a little glimpse at what Jonathan and I cook for dinner.  For those of you that know me, we rarely go out to dinner - I would say maybe once a month - we cook at home.  Every week we write on our calendar what we're going to make for the week and then plan a grocery list accordingly.  Here is what two weeks of meals in our house looks like:

Sunday - Grilled Chicken with Okra

Monday - Chicken Spaghetti
Tuesday - Pan Seared Fish (Mahi)
Wednesday - Baked Ziti Primavera
Thursday - Broccoli Rice Casserole
Friday - Turkey Burgers
Saturday - Dinner at friends house - Lasagna


Sunday - Chicken Pesto Pasta
Monday - Rice, Mushroom & Turkey Casserole
Tuesday - Italian Veggie Pasta
Wednesday - Chicken Casserole
Thursday - Tofu Pasta with Veggies
Friday - Grilled Fish (Tuna)
Saturday - Chicken Penne Florentine

And to give you a little more insight, anytime we make something with pasta, it is always whole wheat - the real whole wheat, not the fake kind.  Yes, there is a difference.  The real whole wheat pasta has only one ingredient.  We like Hodgson Mill brand.  Anything with rice is always brown rice.  Again, check your ingredient labels.  Real brown rice has only that, brown rice.  Let me know if you want any of the recipes.  Many of them I find in Cooking Light and then we just modify them to how we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment