Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things We Love - Lyndsay

1. 1000awesomethings.com – Everyone needs a little something to make them smile each day. I found this blog through an article on CNN about the top blogs on the web (maybe out little blog will be there one day). The blog is exactly what it says it is: 1000 Awesome Things. From # 982: Picking your nose, to # 445: Pulling a weed and getting all the roots with it, there is nothing left untouched. Here are a few of my personal favorites:

         # 446 – when your plugged up nostril just suddenly opens up with no warning
         # 476 – biting off the last piece of the popsicle without losing any of it
         # 501 – picking the fastest moving line at the grocery store check out

So go check it out and see what your favorites are!!


2. My husband’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookies – our little group of friends had a gathering this past Monday night and my husband and I were in charge of brining desert. I made homemade cupcakes and my hubby made is legendary oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I just don’t know what it is about these cookies but they make me so happy. They are the perfect balance of creamy chocolate, salty oatmeal and sweet brown sugar. In my opinion, it is the perfect cookie – crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside – the perfect combination. I’ll put the recipe up for Foodie Friday!


3. Finally getting the hair off the inside of your shirt that was tickling your back. This probably only happens to people with long hair, but don’t you just hate it when a hair falls down the back of your shirt (or the front) and starts tickling your skin?? Then you’re reaching back there to extract the one rogue hair and no matter how hard you try, you just can never get your hands on it?! But, after endless minutes and twisting your arm in unusual positions, when you’re finally able to grab the hair and haul it out it gives you a sense of joy. You feel liberated!! This happened to me today and when I finally removed that single strand of hair from my shirt my morning instantly improved.

4 comments:

  1. I need that cookie recipe, sounds yummy! I agree with #3 except that my hairs always get stuck in my butt crack. Maybe TMI but it is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happens to me but not on my back.. the hairs drop between the girls! and then I'm at work trying to figure out the most professional way to grab it.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I need to figure out a way to have my name read "Katie R" for purposes of this blog. haha!

    ReplyDelete